Thursday, July 13, 2006

Getting Out Of Debt As Quickly As Possible


by Kyle Greatbatch


One of the most important things you can think of is how to get out of debt as soon as possible, especially if your debt is significant.

This incredible important task can seem very mighty, but if you take certain appropriate steps, it can be easier than it seems. For instance, I am now almost out of debt compared to what my situation was just a decade ago.

You would be shocked if you knew what my situation was before I paid off my debt in full.

Like many people, I got my first credit card while still in the college. If you don't know, this is the worse time in the world to get a credit card.

At such time you would get into debt with the vain hope that you would easily get out of debt in the future.

The idea that you would easily get a good paying and great job after graduation makes matters worse.

For me, the credit cards kept coming while in college. They were handy to a poor college student like me. There was one time when I took a very hefty cash advance for the purpose of paying tuition.

It was a very good idea to me, back then. I was also able to afford all the newest fashions and other accessories on credit. To me, there wasn't anything to worry about as I would get out of debt with ease as soon as I entered the labor market.

How wrong I was!

After college, the great job I was dreamed of was more elusive than ever. By the time I started work I had a high stack of unpaid bills.

In my mid-twenties I knew that I had to get out of debt fast or crash under the load of debt. Sadly, there wasn't any way for me to get out of debt. I didn't spend the money overnight, so how on earth did I expect to get the money to pay it off overnight?

Eventually I found the steps which I took to get out of debt. You can follow these steps too and it won't take you as long as you think.

The first thing you need to do is for you to take action. Don't continue to wait for one more year or one more month before you start on your plan to get out of debt.

Decide, then make a plan. Don't let your old habits get in the way.

First, pay off the credit cards that have the highest interest rates. Never allow the months to pile up before paying the minimum. If you do, it would take you decades before you can pay off the high interests on the credit cards.

Also, make a list of all those you owe. Then make your plan of repaying them. Many creditors would be willing to take a payoff which is less than your balance.

And of course - stop using your credit cards while trying to get out of debt. Follow these steps and they will help you get out of debt faster than you can ever imagine.

By Kyle Greatbatch

Digg!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google