Commercial Lawsuit Loan! How does it work?
by Paul Sherman
No-Risk Legal Finance. Great Help to plaintiffs in a Commercial Lawsuit.
A Commercial lawsuit case is mostly civil tort in nature and usually brought by one damaged party, either an individual or a business entity, against another business entity. In these types of cases damages alleged are usually monetary in nature.
99% of plaintiffs involved in commercial lawsuits don't realize they can get cash advance before their case settles. Commercial Lawsuit funding is also called as Commercial Lawsuit Loan, Commercial Legal Finance and Commercial lawsuit settlement cash advance. But these are not loans because the money does not have to be paid back unless the case is won or settled.
These are Non- Recourse Lawsuit loans or Cash Advances. It carries No Risk because plaintiffs owe nothing if they lose the case.
When a business is a plaintiff in a Commercial Lawsuit, the legal proceedings can undermine their financial stability. As you probably know, the legal process typically will take years to settle their lawsuit. And they may have cash needs now, which cannot wait. Most Businesses in this situation have no other choice but to accept a low settlement for a case that could be worth hundreds of thousands & millions. A non-recourse lawsuit loan is a great timely help to them.
A cash advance or a loan of $100,000 to $10,000,000 relieves cash flow problems and allows the firms to focus on business at hand. Commercial lawsuit loan allows these firms or businesses to leverage the expected settlement from their case to obtain the capital they need now.
Lawsuit Pre-Settlement Programs provide them with immediate cash to give them and their attorney time to negotiate a larger cash settlement!
Commercial cash advance is based on the Commercial Lawsuit and how the plaintiff spends it is unrestricted. They can use the funds to:
1. Pay down debt
2. Maintain or Invest in their business expansion,
3. Use the money for fixed and variable costs such as payroll and operating expenses. Funds can also be used to invest in the expansion of their business, which maintains the confidence of creditors, investors, and employees.
4. Keep their Personal finance and obligations in balance
In short, they don't have to sacrifice their livelihood due to the financial burden that commercial litigation can place on them or their business.
The advantages of using Commercial Litigation Funding for business' commercial lawsuit are multifold. Most important of these are:
1. The ability to maintain financial stability in cases where commercial litigation is impacting their firm's cash flow.
2 Commercial Lawsuit Loan is Non-Recourse so there is no risk involved. Plaintiff firm is liable for repayment only if they receive a settlement or they win at trial. 3. Amount available for commercial lawsuit loan is virtually limitless from $50,000 to well over $10 million on a single case.
Following are basic steps to commercial lawsuit loan funding:
1. The first step is to complete an Application Form. Making an initial application is free and there is no obligation 2. Plaintiff authorizes attorney to release case information to underwriters 3. Thorough underwriting process to qualify client. 4. Forward for further underwriting if required. 5. If approved Plaintiff completes funding agreement 5. Fund the cash advance 6. Plaintiff payback upon successful settlement/verdict of case 7. If Plaintiff loses case, Plaintiff owes nothing to funding company
The varieties of commercial litigation cases that can qualify for funding include, but are not limited to:
A. Fraud B. Breach of Contract C. Real Estate Disputes D. Conversion E. Copyright claims F. Environmental Litigation G. Patent or Copyright infringement & other Intellectual Property H. Securities Fraud & Shareholder Lawsuits
A lot of Plaintiffs are being forced to settle early for way less than they deserve because they simply can't afford to wait any longer. There is no reason for them to settle for less than their case is worth.